Family cottages at Oglebay are available to provide families with a year-round opportunity for a wholesome vacation in
an atmosphere of abundant recreational and educational activities. Cottage occupants are expected to help maintain the high standards of cleanliness and conduct that have become an Oglebay tradition. In order to maintain these standards, a few rules and regulations for the comfort and well-being of all visitors have been established.
The following equipment, adequate for the size of cottage is provided: cooking utensils, china, flatware and steak knives, can opener, toaster, microwave, coffee maker, pitchers, broom, dustpan and all bedding. Cottages are not equipped with dishwashers unless otherwise noted. Use of other electrical appliances must be authorized by the front desk. All cottages are equipped with a telephone, and a TV with multichannel cable featuring most major networks.
Linens (sheets, pillowcases and towels) are included and may be exchanged daily. The linen exchange area is located in the Cottage Linen Room at Wilson Lodge; the hours of operation are posted in the cottages. A coin-operated laundry is located in the Cottage Department linen exchange area at Wilson Lodge and is open daily.
Extra firewood may be purchased. Requests must be submitted to the switchboard at Wilson Lodge by 10 am for service that day.
Pack N Plays and rollaways are available at $10 each per night, upon availability (limit 2 total.) Requests must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
Cottage occupants are expected to keep their cottages clean and to leave them in good order, with the kitchen clean. No laundry is to be hung outside the cottage. Excessive cleaning or repairs necessitated will be charged to the cottage occupant.
Charcoal grills are provided at each cottage unless otherwise indicated. Bags of charcoal are not provided but can be purchased at the Resort Shop located inside Wilson Lodge.
All units are entirely non-smoking. Careful fire precaution is expected. Beds and other furniture may not be rearranged. Clothing, bedding and other combustible materials must not be placed near fireplaces or stoves. No open fires are permitted in the cottage area. Where not provided, charcoal grills may be used on the lawn area, away from the cottage.
General quiet hours are observed after 11 pm. The Resort is closed at 1 am and cottage visitors must depart by that hour.
Pets are permitted in the traditional & deluxe cottages, but must be kept on a leash in the Resort and restrained from barking. ($100 pet deposit required).
A late check-out fee will be assessed to those occupants who fail to depart as scheduled.
- The management is not responsible for damages or loss of property through fire or theft. Security boxes are available at Wilson Lodge.
- One 10’x10’ canopy is permitted per cottage. Tents, travel trailers and RV camping are not permitted in the resort or cottage areas.
- Guests must be 21 years old to rent a cottage.
- Parking is limited to one vehicle per cottage bedroom. (ie: 4 bedroom cottage = 4 parked cars)
- Use of the outdoor pool at Oglebay is free to all cottage guests subject to season, weather conditions and hours of operations.
- Use of indoor pool, jacuzzi, fitness center and sauna at Wilson Lodge is free to all cottage guests.The indoor pool and jacuzzi will be closed for maintenance March 2–7, 2014 and September 7–12, 2014.
- Use of recreation facilities not listed above are not included with a cottage rental. Discounted activity bands are available to cottage guests and may be purchased at the lodge front desk.
- A WesBanco (ATM) is located in the front desk area of Wilson Lodge.
- Cottage guests have free 24 hour access to the business center at Wilson Lodge.
- Dinner Delivered service from the Oglebay Food & Beverage Catering Division is available to all cottages with 24-hour advance notice. Call 304-243-4080.
- All Wilson Lodge and Cottage guests (not on a golf package) receive $10 off regular 18 hole greens fees at the Robert Trent Jones, Sr. Designed Course and the Arnold Palmer Designed Golf Course at the Speidel Golf Club.